Clear all

[Sticky] Session 2 Discussion Questions

5 Posts
3 Users
4 Reactions
(@elester_u9cu05i5)
Eminent Member Admin
Topic starter  

This session also reviewed the importance of practicing appreciation and gratitude to bring positive emotions and sensations back into our awareness.

1. What is one thing you are grateful for?

2. What positive emotions or sensations does this bring up for you?

(@mghnfw18)

I have been practicing a gratitude journal via an excellent app on my phone for a few years now and found it to be life changing!  I got out of the habit over the last year with all the negative things happening in my life (it's been a rough year even if the pandemic were not an issue). I am grateful for this project bringing this practice back in the forefront of my mind and reminding me how important it is and how beneficial for my health it has been. I look forward to having this practice be a daily habit again. The process of actually thinking about the positive feelings and emotions AND NAMING them is new for me. I can understand how that will deepen my experience and look forward to making that a part of my practice.  Today I am feeling joy that I have committed to this process and contentment. I almost feel a "pep in my step" as I head to the shower and prepare for my day.  I'm not sure the words to effectively describe the sensations. It feels good to start my day with intentional gratitude. 

ReplyQuote
(@mghnfw28)

Hi, I am grateful that the sun shines after a few windy days. I could walk around my forest, look at the changements of the nature. It helps me to focus on positive things, these things which are working alone, are programmed to awake in the spring, and I feel that I am a part of this world, even if I have pain, even if my children are so far away from me and that we have no chance to see us because of the covid.

English is not my language, and I hope that what I am writing is understandable!!!

ReplyQuote
(@mghnfw18)

@mghnfw28 Your English is great!  I also find gratitude walking in nature. It reminds me that everyone and everything has it's place in this world.  Nothing in nature is perfect, just like there is no human that is perfect. But in nature no one seems to focus on the flaws like many do with humans. It is just a good reminder that even with NF there is more good to find. 

ReplyQuote
(@mghnfw28)

Thanks for your reply about the fact that nature doesn't focus on the flaws. It's good to think this, even if I looked at robins yesterday, singing to find a partner, it seemed to be a difficult job, it took hours!!! 

Sometimes I anticipate what could happen to me with my disease. What will happen if I can't walk anymore, ij I can't see anymore, or hear anymore. I can understand the person who lost the hearing. 

I'm asking myself sometimes why I prefer to be in the nature rather to be with humans, although I am a very social person. I was a teacher with young kids, first class and loved my job (I'm now retired). I think that I use too much energy to keep my head above the water.

Have a nice day all of you, if it's possible.

ReplyQuote