Clear all

[Sticky] Session 4 Discussion Questions

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@elester_u9cu05i5)
Eminent Member Admin
Topic starter  

Session 4 explains that it’s important to know where our thoughts are coming from in order for us to get a better understanding of ourselves. Every negative emotion we face has some underlying beliefs behind it.

1. Identify a negative emotion you have faced on your NF journey and the underlying beliefs you think are behind this emotion.

2. Then reflect: How can identifying these underlying beliefs benefit you next time you face this emotion?

(@mghnfw18)

Fear and sadness

I fear that I will one day become a burden to my daughters and that makes me very sad. I never want to be a burden to anyone. I fear that my physical limitations may make me unable (or for my son-in-law to perceive me as unable) to care for my grand children someday and that creates a sadness that is very difficult to bear. 

I can be realistic in my beliefs and try to base my emotions on facts, the current facts I have now.  I am currently very able to take care of myself and others. There is no predicting the future and no one knows if and/or when my circumstances may changes. 

ReplyQuote
(@elester_u9cu05i5)
Eminent Member Admin
Topic starter  

@mghnfw18 Thank you so much for sharing - it sounds like you are trying to be very skillful during challenging times. Feeling like a burden is a common feeling, but luckily it is very effective to use the adaptive thinking to help challenge those thoughts just like you did!

Keep up the good work!

ReplyQuote