Clear all

[Sticky] Session 6 Discussion Question

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
(@elester_u9cu05i5)
Eminent Member Admin
Topic starter  

Session 6 discusses optimism vs. pessimism.

1. What are some ways you could become more optimistic on your NF journey?

2. How do you think this optimistic outlook could benefit your quality of life?

(@mghnfw18)

I can think of all the things that have happened in my life because of NF; the people I have met, the compassion I have witnessed, the extra time with my family.  I change my self talk to phrases like "I get to" instead of "I have to" and remember I do have a choice, in every situation. 

I am an optimistic type person most of the time. It's how I have gotten through the many struggles of my life. All of which have led me to new destinations, new friends and learning new things. Continuing to be optimistic will continue to help me be a healthier happier human.  

ReplyQuote
(@elester_u9cu05i5)
Eminent Member Admin
Topic starter  

@mghnfw18 This is incredible. Thank you for sharing this for everyone to see. Love that turn of phrase from "I have to" to "I get to." Really appreciate this post!

ReplyQuote
(@mghnfw28)

@mghnfw18: It was interesting to read your post about optimism. Because I would have said in the past that I was an optimistic person. And when I read how do you make choice, enjoy being with people, I think that I am not so. 

I was a teacher and a lot with people, never alone, and I was always making projects, going forward to make the best for my students. 

Now that I can spend so much time in the nature, I am myself. That is what makes me happy. 

I love people, my family, my friends, my patient community, but at least, when I need optimism, I go in my forest. 

Thank you for bringing me to think more about this.

ReplyQuote