Clear all

[Sticky] Session 3 Discussion Questions

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@elester_u9cu05i5)
Eminent Member Admin
Topic starter  

Session 3 talks about five types of social support: emotional, informational, tangible, self-esteem/affirmational, and belonging.

1. Pick one of these types of social supports.

2. What about this support is important to you as you continue on your NF journey?

(@mghnfw18)

The self-esteem/affirmational support has proven to be very important to me. When my mind and body are not functioning as well as I'd like I tend to lose focus that I am a productive member of society. Having people give me affirmational support reminds me that I am worthy and I have value even when my body or mind or mind is functioning at a lesser level than my "perfectionism" would like. 

ReplyQuote
(@mghnfw28)

It was very important to me to belong to the NF community and to find help with other patients, and to help them as a patient representative in my organization. 

As a teacher I liked to be the teacher of young people, first class, to see how they can learn reading and counting and much more. I could learn from them how to teach better. I had an amazing time at work. I am now retired, but I miss this part of my life.

ReplyQuote
(@mghnfw27)

Thank you for all your great work as a teacher!

ReplyQuote
(@elester_u9cu05i5)
Eminent Member Admin
Topic starter  

@mghnfw27. 😎 😀 

ReplyQuote